Saturdays at 10 am
Taught by Jenny Fitzpatrick
Yin Yoga consists of poses primarily done on the floor and held for a longer period of time, usually 2-5 minutes or longer. The approach to posture in Yin is different than other yoga classes which will typically activate different muscular groups to bring a posture into its full expression. With Yin Yoga gravity is used to hold a pose in place.
What does Yin Yoga do for our body?
- Yin yoga encourages us to slow down and practice stillness. Props like blankets and Yoga blocks are used to find the best position for each body.
- The muscles should not be engaged during yin yoga postures. This allows muscles to lengthen and stretch and also gently lengthens connective tissues giving your joints a sense of space.
Common benefits of practicing Yin Yoga:
- The body feels like it moves with ease.
- A sense of calm and decreased anxiety and stress
- Better alignment and posture from releasing tightness in the body.
Sign up for Yin Yoga Sessions by requesting a Saturday 10 am small group session or email us and we’ll schedule sessions for you.